Last updated on May 29th, 2023 at 04:05 am
Chess Tiger Pro
Chess Tiger Pro is one of the best $7.99 to play game in the App Store.
Developed by Christophe THERON, Chess Tiger Pro is a Board game with a content rating of 4+.
It was released on 8th March 2011 with the latest update 26th June 2019
Whether you are a fan of Board, Strategy, games, you will find this game interesting and will absolutely like it.
21,069 people have rated 2019.06.1
You can download the game Chess Tiger Pro from APP STORE.
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
It’s EASY, and you can start right now!
How does it work? It’s really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it… How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that’s the most effective way to learn!
Chess Tiger Pro allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes you start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews. Chess Tiger Pro has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store!
Also, Chess Tiger Pro is the only chess app that analyzes your games to show you how to improve, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE apps for players of all levels.
- The rules of chess are included and easily accessible.
- Just tap on a piece to see its legal moves.
- A move is not allowed? The app tells you why.
- Suggestions: can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 moves.
- Can tell you when you can mate your opponent, so you can look for the winning move by yourself.
- Can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
- Provides 50 trainer levels of increasing difficulty. No big jump between levels.
- Knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
- Contains a very high quality chess engine, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
- Finds interesting positions in your own games and shows you how to improve.
- Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
- Chess Tiger Pro has one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
- On current devices, as incredible as it sounds, it plays at the world champion level.
- Chess Tiger has been ranked twice as the strongest chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer rating list).
- You can set up any position.
- You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
- You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (send and receive).
- You can import game collections in PGN format.
- The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
- You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess Tiger Pro tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
- Chess Tiger Pro supports variations and allows you to test "What if…" scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
- The coach can comment your game while you are playing (optional).
- When a game is finished, the coach can analyze it for you and show you how to improve.
- 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can customize.
- 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
- 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
- A collection of more than 6000 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
- "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
- 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
- Includes an opening book of more than one million moves (can be turned off).
- Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
THIS APP IS "CLEAN": it does not display any ad.
Updated on 26th June 2019
- We have improved the variety of the games played. It should now be quite infrequent to play twice the same game opening, and this will be further improved in the next version.
- You can now choose how the moves will be separated in the analysis lines, for better readability.
- The white panel, in the "Analyze my game" mode, appears or disappears at more opportune times.
- We have fixed the "board only" mode: the coordinates (letters and digits) were not displayed correctly during this mode on iPad, and after exiting the mode on iPhone.
- We have fixed a problem that could render the "Game" menu unresponsive on iPad.
- This version includes a number of other minor improvements and fixes.
Version 2019.06.1 fixes a problem introduced by version 2019.06 (a white rectangle with no text appeared sometimes).
Chess Tiger Pro Reviews
The suggested move feature is an excellent way of learning the effects of alternate moves. Definitely has improved our play.
We’ve been playing this game while learning Chess. We find it educational & enjoyable.
We enjoy and learn from this. Thanks.
Helps a lot with practicing moves and the grandmaster games come in handy.
Just the best chess game Love it.
We’ve been using this app for years now. We have a little over 600 games against the Trainer (no take-backs or suggested moves on) saved on the app. About 580 of them against 1800 ELO Trainerthe rest, mixture of games against 2000 and 2500 Trainers. We started out as 1400, and today (05/12/21), we beat the 2925 Trainer! This is more likely a fluke, one that we may not be able to repeat, but the point Im trying to get across is this: we wouldve never been able to beat 2000 or 2500 Trainers at the time we started using this app, let alone winning against 2925. It just shows that we’ve improved during the times we used this app.
Awesome chess program, this program provides instruction, helpful tips, and it rates our performance after every game! A lot of fun!
Yeah Im not talking to our dad about the other stuff.
When you dont have a person to play against, you use this. Regardless of whether youre a beginner or a master, you can play against numerous levels of difficulty and even different playing styles. After your game, the app analyzes and points out your good and bad moves. Theres so much to learn from this! This app is worth every penny of the $10 price tag. The analyzer is very powerful. The app also allows you to set up any position which is great for studying with books. This app coupled with books of your choice are an amazing tool for taking your chess game to the next level. We dont want to try to list all the things this app can do because Im afraid of leaving some cool out. Just buy it and be amazed for yourself.
We are a BIG BIG fan of chess tiger pro. When we first downloaded this app we were thinking This is going to be boring. We played it for some time. Eventually we definitely thought it was fun. We also enjoy watching grandmaster games. Chess tiger pro is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stuff below shows what we think about Chess Tiger Pro. += Loser+=Legendary += Results: 100%/100%
This game pits blacks against whites. Having said that truth, here is another: it is one of the oldest games known to civilization. The white and the black pieces fight to conquer each others leader. As usual, whites make the first move.
U have had this game for a while. It is the best ever. Let us know what you think. You will have fun and learn a lot.
As a young-un we played with our father. We learned a lot of strategy playing this game at ever more increased difficulty.
We’ve played a good amount of chess over our life, and now we need to play to keep our mental processes going, as best that Im able. We like this app because were given the option to play by suggestions. This option helps guide us to learn good moving habits, yet still allows overriding when inclined to take a chance. This feature allows beginners to learn quickly by example, offering options while retaining a feeling of security. This is beneficial if you desire to play, even if youre tired and might make mistakes. We highly recommend this app if you play chess for the enjoyment of relaxation, learning new techniques, or to satisfy your competitive spirit. This app is a good teaching tool for beginners by showing the squares the pieces can occupy, if desired. We agree with Oscarclever about being one of the best chess apps we’ve used, for clarity, ease of operation and learning, features, strategy teaching, board options… Just well done! Our only recommendation is that we wish, when referring any moves using alpha-numeric referencing, that the rows and columns of the board in use also be labeled, in like manner, for ease of referencing consistency. This would especially help beginners become more familiar with move terminology.
For us its the best app to Play Chess…. If you want to learn… If you want to play and be a better player or you just want to be sure youre the best. This app is for you. 100% recommended.
We’ve checked out several chess apps and this is best for us.
As a novice, we are beginning to see move threats and more offensive strategy becoming more and more confident. Thank you for making this game available.
We played this chess game, and we conclude this game is beneficial for learning and bettering your position in understanding how to think at an advanced level. It helps the player search for multiple candidate moves instead of on track minded move. The arrows make the player understand how to spot different variations..
Love this app because it feels like youre playing against a human. It doesnt do crazy good moves (even on opening moves) like stockfish that most of the time its doesnt happen on normal human against human chess game. It might not be as strong as stockfish but at 1350 level, it got a considerable edge against us so far, but thats good because thats what we need to constantly improve. A month ago started out at 800 level, now im at 1350 and we feel im getting better. See up to what level we can improve to. The analyze our game feature is very helpful but at times the analysis doesnt seem to convince us but most of the time computer is right!
This game application will make you unbeatable by most challengers that think they are good. This will allow you to keep moving the bar as you improve. We love it!
OWorth every penny, get into trouble & support provided will pull your bacon out of the fire. Onk.
Brilliant and well worth the money – and time invested to improve! Thinking is magical –
The app gives you advice thats meaningful. We wish the program would explain why certain moves are better than others & the mindset behind the computer or any players approach.
BEST CHESS APP ! Whether you are a newbie or a Chess expert this app is totally amazing. We have been using this app for quite a long time now and its honestly never let us down. And No, we are not getting paid to make this review but yes this chess app is definitely worth the purchase. If youre truly a chess player, you wont regret this purchase. Not only does it teach you but it also gives you your best moves, there is an option to play with the computerx10 (it can and will beat you in less then 10mins) or the other one witch chess in 10 moves. Either way its an incredible app. Just purchase it! Totally worth the money… Perhaps should be valued a bit more but well worth the money.
This app is very well done. Theres real-time and post-game analysis of play. Get real-time suggestions offering the strongest move for up to four different lines, that can be switched on or off with the press of a UI control. The UI itself looks great and offers many visual and game customizations. Set up positions, adjust strength of computer opponent even during a game and really too many options to list here. Regarding this engine’s strength, for us mere mortals, it is significant, however, with the advent of Alpha AI and the recent Stockfish advancements, a wish would be to have access to those engines in this app. Nevertheless, we own the Pro version of this excellent app. Keep up the great work, Christophe!
Great game. It has help us elevate our game. You can make it as hard, or easy, as you like.
Such a great app. Excellent for playing, and replaying your games with or without coaching. A wonderful practice and learning tool for players of any level. We have use this app for years and cannot recommend it higher.
We’ve had others but we’re quite happy with this Great teaching mode.
Thank goodness for this app. We think the game will get the best of the game wig wrd.
This chess app is amazing. We mean amazing. The boards are amazing. You can adjust the computer level strength at any time between games. Its a complete joy using this incredible app.
We enjoy the multiple levels and the hints. We may even be getting better!
Its, challenging, fun entertainment for anyone , and almost any age thats requires your full focus.
This App is one of the better Chess apps we’ve used. It has a lot of functions. And levels of expertise. You can analyze and replay Grandmasters games. It has a mode where it shows you the various options you have in the trainer mode. Quite an entertaining App.
Great for learning the basics and getting a good grasp on strategy concepts. Havent run into any bugs at all.
We love manipulating the grandmaster games to see what else might work.
Its been years since we played chess. Chess Pro is just what we needed. An inexpensive tutor to get us back in game shape.
Great chess game, have enjoyed it for several years, keeps the mind sharp and it’s the BEST!!! And you can improve your skills or learn! Im continuing our improvement as a chess player with CHESS PRO! Relaxing while using our brain, wonderful experience!
Love this app. Easy to navigate and very user friendly. You can set skill level to your preference depending on your experience, can turn suggestions on or off with the click of a button, will let you go back a move if you make a mistake. It also will analyze your game at the end and tell you what key moves were good or bad. We had the free version then upgraded and have been getting great feedback to improve our game. Worth every penny.