Last updated on May 26th, 2023 at 06:25 pm
Highway Runners is one of the best $0.99 to play game in the App Store.
Developed by Florian Bronnimann, Highway Runners is a Racing game with a content rating of 4+.
It was released on 14th December 2016 with the latest update 6th June 2021
Whether you are a fan of Racing, Action, or Entertainment games, you will find this game interesting and will absolutely like it.
13 people have rated 1.2.2
You can download the game Highway Runners from APP STORE.
Highway Runners is a retro-inspired racing game for iOS, aiming to provide players the same sense of freedom the 16-bits oldschool arcade games did. Will you be good enough to get to the finish line?
- Old-school 16-bit graphics
- 15 levels in 5 different environments (2 unlockable)
- Collect money in game to unlock pendants and change your game style
- Aim for the high score by grazing cars!
- CRT and Overlay filters
- Play by day, evening, and night
- Accelerometer intuitive gameplay OR classic touch gameplay
The game is totally free from in-app purchases : unlock everything with the cash earned in the game!
Updated on 6th June 2021
Thank you for your continued support to Highway Runners!
What’s new in this version:
- Finally optimized for the latest iPhones. Enjoy an immersive retro experience in full screen!
- Adjusted difficulty: traffic density has been slightly reduced in some cases for a softer progression.
- The ‘continue’s now only cost one HR token, regardless of the number of continues previously used.
- And HR tokens have been made slightly more frequent.
- Fixed an issue with save states.
Highway Runners Reviews
Great retro visuals & sound. Easy to control. An added bonus is the drifting.
We were a huge fan of Outrun in the arcades so we had high hopes for this. It’s a good game but it’s too hard to earn money and there’s no way (that we’ve seen) to change your name. It’s definitely worth the asking price but I’d like to at least see the currency rate increased a bit.
Our game unwantingly turns to the right. The further you go the worse it gets. Please fix. Thanks.
We dont know what happened, but one day while playing, the sound is turned off, and never came back on. We like the game, we like the graphics, and things like that. However, the game without the sound makes us not want to play anymore or even try to finish. We wish we knew how to correct this problem.
Exactly what we’re looking for in a mobile game! The tilt controls work great if that’s your thing but we really like the touch controls. The developers obviously put a lot of hard work into the game and it is well worth a few dollars!
We thought we were a genius for coming up with the idea of a modernized Out Run tribute for phones, and then we discovered these guys beat us to it and much better than we could’ve dreamed.
The best retro arcade racer just got better with touch controls. ‘Nuff said.